Enhance your Advertising skills
In this program, you can:
- Learn how to build targeted, impactful advertising campaigns for your audience
- Study concept development, storyboarding, sales, brand strategy, account planning, and more
- See how you can use advancing technology to help your clients stand out
- Get guidance along the way from instructors with industry knowledge and experience
As a graduate, you’ll be prepared to seek entry-level advertising positions such as:
- Assistant Account Executive
- Junior Art Director
- Marketing Coordinator
- Project Coordinator
- Web Producer
- Production Designer
Our Career Services team can support you in preparing for and finding the career opportunity that’s right for you.
The courses in the Bachelor’s in Advertising are designed to prepare you to pursue a career in your chosen field. All of our courses are built to engage and challenge you through text, video, animation, chat, and more, while also helping you learn relevant industry knowledge and skills.View course listing
The faculty members at The Art Institute of Pittsburgh - Online Division are devoted to empowering you for your future career. Their guidance and mentorship can help you to focus your creative energy and vision toward the skills that matter most in your field—and, as an online student, you’ll be in constant contact with your instructors via email, video, phone, and even chat.
Advertising degree requirements
As a prerequisite for admission to The Art Institute of Pittsburgh — Online Division, students must be a high school graduate with a minimum, cumulative, final high school CGPA of 2.0 or higher, or hold a General Education Development GED Certificate, or associate's degree or higher.
Before you start your first course, you’re encouraged to complete an online orientation that introduces you to different features of the online classroom and prepares you for your role as an active learner in our online classes.
See the online classroom in action.
To check your operating system, browser and plug in capabilities, please Click here.
- Adobe Acrobat Professional (Version 10 or higher)
- Adobe After Effects
- Adobe Creative Suite – includes Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat Professional, and InDesign. (Version CS6 or higher)
- Adobe Flash Player (Version 10.0 or higher)
- Apple Quicktime (Version 7 or higher)
- Audacity 1.2.3
- Microsoft Office Professional (Version 2010 or higher) or Microsoft Office University 365
- Norton Antivirus (Version 10.2 or higher)
- QuickTime Compatible Video Editing Software (Recommended: Adobe Premiere Elements of Apple iMovie)
- Windows Media Player (Version 12 or higher)
Minimum technology requirements
- PC: Users should have systems with the following specifications: Intel® Pentium® 4 or AMD Athlon® 64 processor, Windows 7 with SP 1, 4 GB RAM, 30 GB available hard disk space recommended, 1366 x 768 minimum (1920x1080 recommended) with 32-bit video card, 512 MB VRAM, and OpenGL 2.0-capable system.
- Mac: Users should have systems with the following specifications: Multicore Intel processor with 64-bit support, *Mac OS X v. 10.7 or higher, 4 GB RAM, 30 GB available hard disk space recommended, 1366 x 768 minimum display resolution (1920x1080 recommended) Retina display supported., 512 MB VRAM (1GB recommended), and OpenGL 2.0-capable system.
*Mac users must have a minimum of OS 10.7 in order to run Adobe Creative Cloud.
Web browser requirements
Windows Users: The two latest releases of Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Google Chrome are supported.
Mac Users: The two latest releases of Apple Safari, Mozilla Firefox, or Google Chrome are supported.
- Color Inkjet Printer
- Color Flatbed Scanner
- Digital Camera