The Art Institute of Pittsburgh – Online Division is excited to announce The Education Foundation’s Gail Hooks Scholarship for students currently pursuing a Bachelor of Science degree in Culinary Management or Hotel & Restaurant Management.
This $1,500 tuition scholarship was established in March 2011 by one of our generous alumni, Gail Hooks.
About Gail Hooks
Growing up in the island nation of Trinidad and Tobago, Gail had a fascination with food even as a small child. Eventually, she moved to The United States and enlisted in the US Air Force. She has served honorably in the Air Force for over 23 years, but she has always had a yearning to work in the culinary field. She enrolled and completed the two-year program at The Art Institute of Washington, a branch of The Art Institute of Atlanta, and then transferred to The Art Institute of Pittsburgh – Online Division to earn a Bachelor of Science in Culinary Management while also serving her country. She graduated in 2011.
Earning this degree was a dream come true for her, and it was a result of her dedication, hard work and commitment. She is currently deployed in Afghanistan, but has plans to start her own food service establishment. Along the way, she has maintained her personal mission of helping others to achieve their goals, and, to that end, she established this scholarship. Gail is dedicated to helping her fellow human beings and does so by paying it forward with her generosity. She hopes the recipient of this scholarship will feel the same way.
Scholarship Deadline: March 1, 2014
Scholarship Award Amount: $1,500.00
Scholarship Terms & Requirements
• Students must complete and submit the Education Foundation application, written essay, and letter of reference from a faculty member by March 1, 2014.
• The essay must be a minimum of 200 words and must answer the following question: “How will this scholarship positively impact your ability to pursue your degree program and how do you intend to utilize your degree after graduation?”
• Applicants must be pursuing a Bachelor of Science degree in Culinary Management or Hotel & Restaurant Management at The Art Institute of Pittsburgh – Online Division.
• Students who receive scholarships will be in good academic standing (cumulative GPA of 2.5 or better) with no disciplinary issues.
• A letter acknowledging the gift will be issued by The Education Foundation.
• Future funding of this scholarship will be under the direction of Gail Hooks.
How to Apply
Download and complete your application today! Please send your completed application, essay, and faculty letter of recommendation to Seth Selke, CUL/HRM Assistant Online Program Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, please contact Gaye Warren, CUL/HRM Online Program Director, at email@example.com or 805-698-6928.
Remember, applications must be submitted by March 1, 2014!