A Letter from the Newsletter Editor of Student Veterans of America
Greetings to my fellow veterans and students,
My name is Joel Wideman, and I am the Newsletter Editor of the Student Veterans of America (SVA) Chapter at The Art Institute of Pittsburgh-Online Division. I'm writing to tell you about the importance of this club and why you should consider joining.
The SVA is designed to support active military personnel and veterans as well as their families and surrounding communities. We are a registered chapter of the national Student Veterans of America, and if you are interested in becoming a member, we would love to have you. Together, we strive to:
• Serve the community - especially active military personnel, veterans and their families - through volunteering and fundraising events.
• Advocate for and raise awareness to the general public about issues important to active military personnel, veterans and their families.
• Provide information to veterans about their benefits as well as related governmental policies and procedures.
• Help veterans find other support groups outside The Art Institute of Pittsburgh-Online Division.
• Provide a place for active military, veterans, and military dependent students at The Art Institute of Pittsburgh-Online Division to meet and support each other.
From 1992-1996, I was in the U.S. Navy as a Ship's Servicemen, serving most of the time onboard the USS John F. Kennedy. At different times, I worked in the ship's laundry, in the barbershop, and in the retail store. Since then, I've become an author, an artist, a designer, and a musician.
I am pursuing an Associate of Science degree in Web Design & Interactive Media, and I'd like to get know the rest of you at The Art Institute of Pittsburgh-Online Division. This organization is our chance to support and help one another to achieve our goals in school. Check out the group in Connections and join us. I look forward to meeting each of you!
Student Joel Wideman
Associate of Science degree in Web Design & Interactive Media Student
Newsletter Editor of Student Veterans of America
The Art Institute of Pittsburgh-Online Division