Program details and next steps:Overview » Course List » Requirements » Faculty Overview »
As a prerequisite for admission to The Art Institute of Pittsburgh — Online Division, students must be a high school graduate with a minimum, cumulative, final high school CGPA of 2.0 or higher, or hold a General Education Development GED Certificate, or associate's degree or higher.
To check your operating system, browser and plug in capabilities, please Click here.
- Adobe Acrobat Professional (Version 10 or higher)
- Adobe Acrobat Reader (Version 10 or higher)
- Adobe Flash Professional (Version CS6 or higher)
- Adobe Creative Suite - includes Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat Professional, and InDesign (Version CS6 or higher)
- Adobe Flash Player (Version 10.0 or higher)
- Apple QuickTime (Version 7 or higher)
- Microsoft Office Professional (Version 2010 or higher) or Microsoft Office University 365
- Norton Antivirus (Version 10.2 or higher)
- Windows Media Player (Version 12 or higher)
Minimum technology requirements
- PC: Users should have systems with the following specifications: Intel® Pentium® 4 or AMD Athlon® 64 processor, Windows 7 with SP 1, 4 GB RAM, 20 GB available hard disk space recommended, 1280x800 display (1280x1024 recommended) with 16-bit color, 512 MB VRAM, and OpenGL 2.0–capable system.
- Mac: Users should have systems with the following specifications: Multicore Intel processor with 64-bit support, *Mac OS X v. 10.7 or higher, 4 GB RAM, 30 GB available hard disk space recommended, 1280x800 display (1280x1024 recommended) with 16-bit color, 256 MB VRAM, and OpenGL 2.0–capable system.
*Mac users must have a minimum of OS 10.7 in order to run Adobe Creative Cloud.
Web browser requirements
Windows Users: The two latest releases of Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Google Chrome are supported.
Mac Users: The two latest releases of Apple Safari, Mozilla Firefox, or Google Chrome are supported.
- Color Inkjet Printer
- Color Flatbed Scanner
- Digital Camera