Program details and next steps:
Course List »
Faculty Overview »
Graphic Design Degree Requirements
In order to be prepared to pursue your degree or diploma, there are a number of requirements we ask that you meet so you are ready to hit the ground running when it comes to your studies. The admissions requirements detail the prerequisites from an academic standpoint that have to be met. The technical requirements detail what you’ll need for your online learning experience.
Students seeking admission to The Art Institute of Pittsburgh — Online Division must meet the following requirements shown below.
The prospective student must be a high school graduate with a minimum, cumulative, final high school CGPA of 2.0 or higher, or hold a General Education Development (GED) Certificate, or associate's degree or higher as a prerequisite for admission.
Each student who enrolls at The Art Institute of Pittsburgh — Online Division is encouraged to complete an online student orientation prior to the start date of the student's first course. The online orientation helps the student become familiar with different features of the online classroom environment and prepares the student for his or her role as an active learner in the online classroom.
- Adobe Acrobat Professional (Version 10 or higher)
- Adobe Acrobat Reader (Version 10 or higher)
- Adobe Flash Professional (Version CS6 or higher)
- Adobe Creative Suite - includes Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat Professional, and InDesign (Version CS6 or higher)
- Adobe Flash Player (Version 10.0 or higher)
- Apple QuickTime (Version 7 or higher)
- Microsoft Office Professional (Version 2010 or higher) or Microsoft Office University 365
- Norton Antivirus (Version 10.2 or higher)
- Windows Media Player (Version 12 or higher)
Minimum Technology Requirements
- PC: Users should have systems with the following specifications: Intel® Pentium® 4 or AMD Athlon® 64 processor, Windows 7 with SP 1, 4 GB RAM, 20 GB available hard disk space recommended, 1280x800 display (1280x1024 recommended) with 16-bit color, 512 MB VRAM, and OpenGL 2.0–capable system.
- Mac: Users should have systems with the following specifications: Multicore Intel processor with 64-bit support, *Mac OS X v. 10.7 or higher, 4 GB RAM, 30 GB available hard disk space recommended, 1280x800 display (1280x1024 recommended) with 16-bit color, 256 MB VRAM, and OpenGL 2.0–capable system.
*Mac users must have a minimum of OS 10.7 in order to run Adobe Creative Cloud.
Web Browser Requirements
Windows Users: The two latest releases of Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Google Chrome are supported.
Mac Users: The two latest releases of Apple Safari, Mozilla Firefox, or Google Chrome are supported.
- Color Inkjet Printer
- Color Flatbed Scanner
- Digital Camera
Purchase Computer Hardware and Software
Visit Journey Ed, America's leading seller of hardware and software to students. Select from a wide variety of software programs and purchase all of your required software online - at a student discount.