Web Design & Interactive Media
Learn how our Associate of Science and Associate of Applied Science in Web Design & Interactive Media programs can prepare you for a career that combines your creativity with the technological skills needed to invent innovative, interactive designs.
Enhance your Web Design & Interactive Media skills
In this program, you can:
- Learn how to integrate audio, video, still images, animation, text, and data to create interactive content
- Focus on developing skills in website and visual design, digital image manipulation, audio, video, animation, text, and project management
- Build an web design portfolio to showcase your talent to potential employers
- Get guidance from instructors with industry-relevant experience and knowledge
As a graduate, you could pursue entry-level roles in communications departments, web development firms, interactive media companies, and more—including these positions:
- Interface Website Designer
- Graphic Artist
Our Career Services team can support you in preparing for and finding the career opportunity that’s right for you.
The courses in the Associate’s in Web Design & Interactive Media are designed to prepare you to pursue a career in your chosen field. All of our courses are built to engage and challenge you through text, video, animation, chat, and more, while also helping you learn relevant industry knowledge and skills.View course listing
The faculty members at The Art Institute of Pittsburgh - Online Division are devoted to empowering you for your future career. Their guidance and mentorship can help you to focus your creative energy and vision toward the skills that matter most in your field—and, as an online student, you’ll be in constant contact with your instructors via email, video, phone, and even chat.
Web Design & Interactive Media degree requirements
The prospective student must be a high school graduate with a minimum, cumulative, final high school CGPA of 1.5 or higher, or hold a General Education Development (GED) Certificate, or associate's degree or higher as a prerequisite for admission.
Before you start your first course, you’re encouraged to complete an online orientation that introduces you to different features of the online classroom and prepares you for your role as an active learner in our online classes.
See the online classroom in action.
- Adobe Acrobat Professional (Version 10 or higher)
- Adobe Acrobat Reader (Version 10 or higher)
- Adobe Captivate (Version CS6 or higher)
- Adobe Creative Suite (includes Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, InDesign and Fireworks) (Version CS6 or higher)
- Adobe Flash Professional (Version CS6 or higher)
- Audacity 2.0.3
- Microsoft Office Professional (Version 2010 or higher) or Microsoft Office University 365
- Norton Antivirus (Version 10.2 or higher)
- QuickTime Compatible Video Editing Software (Recommended: Adobe Premiere Elements or Apple iMovie) (Version 7 or higher)
- Windows Media Player (Version 12 or higher)
Minimum Technology Requirements
- PC: Users should have systems with the following specifications: Intel® Pentium® 4 or AMD Athlon® 64 processor, Windows 7 with SP 1, 4 GB RAM, 20 GB available hard disk space recommended, 1280x800 display (1280x1024 recommended) with 16-bit color, 512 MB VRAM, OpenGL 2.0–capable system and DVD-ROM drive compatible with dual-layer DVDs.
- Mac: Users should have systems with the following specifications: Multicore Intel processor with 64-bit support, *Mac OS X v. 10.7 or higher, 4 GB RAM, 30 GB available hard disk space recommended, 1280x800 display (1280x1024 recommended) with 16-bit color, 256 MB VRAM, DVD-ROM drive compatible with dual-layer DVDs and OpenGL 2.0–capable system.
*Mac users must have a minimum of OS 10.7 in order to run Adobe Creative Cloud.
Web Browser Requirements
Windows Users: The two latest releases of Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Google Chrome are supported.
Mac Users: The two latest releases of Apple Safari, Mozilla Firefox, or Google Chrome are supported.
- CD or DVD burner
- Color Inkjet Printer
- Color Flatbed Scanner
- Digital Camera
Purchase Computer Hardware and Software
Visit Journey Ed, America's leading seller of hardware and software to students. Select from a wide variety of software programs and purchase all of your required software online - at a student discount.