Just about every organization, large or small, requires someone with an ability to effectively plan and organize events—from fundraisers, to company meetings, to celebrations, trade shows, and so much more. Learn how our Event Management Certificate program can prepare you to thrive in this fast-paced career.
Enhance your Event Management skills
In this program, you can:
- Develop an aptitude for spotting event trends, understanding customer needs, predicting what goods and services are needed for diverse events, and determining how to cost out these required elements
- Study sustainable purchasing and cost control, management supervision and career development, menu management, sales and public relations, hotel and convention management, and more
- Learn from instructors with professional experience in event management
The courses in the Certificate in Event Management are designed to prepare you to pursue a career in your chosen field. All of our courses are built to engage and challenge you through text, video, animation, chat, and more, while also helping you learn relevant industry knowledge and skills.View course listing
As a graduate, you’ll be prepared to pursue entry-level positions in Event Management, including:
- Hotel Sales Manager
- Event Planner
- Catering Manager
- Convention Center Manager
Our Career Services team can support you in preparing for and finding the career opportunity that’s right for you.
Before you start your first course, you’re encouraged to complete an online orientation that introduces you to different features of the online classroom and prepares you for your role as an active learner in our online classes.
See the online classroom in action.
The faculty members at The Art Institute of Pittsburgh - Online Division are devoted to empowering you for your future career. Their guidance and mentorship can help you to focus your creative energy and vision toward the skills that matter most in your field—and, as an online student, you’ll be in constant contact with your instructors via email, video, phone, and even chat.
Event Management degree requirements
The prospective student must be a high school graduate with a minimum, final high school GPA of 1.5 or higher, or hold a General Education Development (GED) Certificate, or associate's degree or higher as a prerequisite for admission.
To check your operating system, browser and plug in capabilities, please Click here.
- Adobe Acrobat Professional
- Microsoft Office Professional (Version 2010 or higher) or Microsoft Office University 365
- Norton Antivirus (Latest Version)
Adobe Acrobat Reader, Adobe Flash Player, Apple Quicktime Player, Windows Media Player, and Java
Minimum Technology Requirements
- PC: Users should have systems with the following specifications: 1.3GHz or faster processor, Windows 7 with SP 1 or higher, 4 GB RAM, 20 GB available hard disk space recommended.
Web Browser Requirements
Windows Users: The two latest releases of Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Google Chrome are supported.
- Color Inkjet Printer
- Color Flatbed Scanner
- Digital Camera