Enhance your Kitchen & Bath Design skills
In this program, you can:
- Gain a strong foundation in drawing, perspective, drafting, and color—then move on to courses that provide practical expertise based on The National Kitchen and Bath Association’s guidelines
- Use industry-specific software that help you plan functional and creative spaces
- Study lighting, materials, building systems and codes, as well as business fundamentals such as estimates, project bidding, marketing, and promotions
- Undertake two internships to gain field experience and help build your professional portfolio
- Get guidance from instructors with professional backgrounds in kitchen and bath design
The courses in the Associate’s in Kitchen & Bath Design are designed to prepare you to pursue a career in your chosen field. All of our courses are built to engage and challenge you through text, video, animation, chat, and more, while also helping you learn relevant industry knowledge and skills.View course listing
As a graduate, you’ll be prepared to seek entry-level employment in the Kitchen and Bath Design field, including:
- Kitchen/Bath Designer
- Kitchen Planner
- Assistant Project Manager
- Installation Coordinator
- Kitchen and Bath Retail Sales Consultant
- Manufacturer’s Representative
Our Career Services team can support you in preparing for and finding the career opportunity that's right for you.
Before you start your first course, you’re encouraged to complete an online orientation that introduces you to different features of the online classroom and prepares you for your role as an active learner in our online classes.
See the online classroom in action.
The faculty members at The Art Institute of Pittsburgh - Online Division are devoted to empowering you for your future career. Their guidance and mentorship can help you to focus your creative energy and vision toward the skills that matter most in your field—and, as an online student, you’ll be in constant contact with your instructors via email, video, phone, and even chat.
Kitchen & Bath Design degree requirements
The prospective student must be a high school graduate with a minimum, cumulative, final high school CGPA of 1.5 or higher, or hold a General Education Development (GED) Certificate, or associate's degree or higher as a prerequisite for admission.
To check your operating system, browser and plug in capabilities, please Click here.
- Adobe Creative Cloud Subscription (Contains Adobe Acrobat Professional, After Effects, Audition, Bridge, Dreamweaver, Flash, Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Lightroom, and Premiere Pro)
- Microsoft Office Professional (Version 2010 or higher) or Microsoft Office University 365
- Norton Antivirus (Latest Version)
- 20/20 Design
Adobe Acrobat Reader, Adobe Flash Player, Apple Quicktime Player, Windows Media Player, and Java
Minimum technology requirements
- PC: Users should have systems with the following specifications: Intel i5 - i7 processor or Windows 7 with SP 1, 4GB RAM, 30GB available hard disk space recommended, Color monitor that support a screen resolution of 1280x1024 or greater (1920x1080 recommended), 512MB VRAM, OpenGL 2.0-capable system.
- Mac: Dual Boot Required Users should have systems with the following specifications: Apple® Mac® Pro 4.1 or later; MacBook® Pro 5.1 or later; iMac® 8.1 or later or *Mac OS X v. 10.7 or higher, 4GB RAM, 30GB available hard disk space recommended, 1366 x 768 minimum display resolution (1920x1080 recommended) with 16-bit color, 512MB VRAM, and OpenGL 2.0–capable system. Dual boot requirements: Boot Camp (comes with mac OS X), Windows 7 (64-bit required if running OS X 10.7) and Additional 20 GB HD Space required for Windows Partition. Mac users must have a minimum of OS 10.7 in order to run Adobe Creative Cloud. Additional notes about installing Windows via Boot Camp if students do not have it already set up: Students will need to purchase: Windows 7: Home Premium, Professional, or Ultimate (Boot Camp 4 or 5) See Windows 7 requirements -or- Windows 8: Windows 8, Windows 8 Pro (Boot Camp 5 only) See Windows 8 requirements. Helpful link: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht5634
Important Note: “Virtual machines” are not supported by The Art Institute of Pittsburgh - Online Division for the Kitchen & Bath Design program.
Web browser requirements
Windows Users: The two latest releases of Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Google Chrome are supported.
Mac Users: The two latest releases of Apple Safari, Mozilla Firefox, or Google Chrome are supported.
- Color Inkjet Printer
- Color Flatbed Scanner
- Digital Camera