Enhance your Web Design & Interactive Media skills
In this program, you can:
- Learn how to integrate a variety of elements to create compelling interactive content
- See how using technology can make your work stand out
- Start by focusing on drawing, digital image manipulation, multimedia systems, scriptwriting, sound, video, and animation before moving to more complex topics like interactive information design and web development
- Build a portfolio to showcase your skills and share with potential employers
- Receive one-on-one support from instructors with industry experience and knowledge
The courses in the Bachelor’s in Web Design & Interactive Media are designed to prepare you to pursue a career in your chosen field. All of our courses are built to engage and challenge you through text, video, animation, chat, and more, while also helping you learn relevant industry knowledge and skills.View course listing
As a graduate, you could pursue entry-level roles in communications departments, web development firms, interactive media companies, and more—including these positions:
- Internet Application Developer
- Internet Developer
- Web Developer
- Web Designer
- Graphic Designer
Our Career Services team can support you in preparing for and finding the career opportunity that’s right for you.
Before you start your first course, you’re encouraged to complete an online orientation that introduces you to different features of the online classroom and prepares you for your role as an active learner in our online classes.
See the online classroom in action.
The faculty members at The Art Institute of Pittsburgh - Online Division are devoted to empowering you for your future career. Their guidance and mentorship can help you to focus your creative energy and vision toward the skills that matter most in your field—and, as an online student, you’ll be in constant contact with your instructors via email, video, phone, and even chat.
Web Design & Interactive Media degree requirements
As a prerequisite for admission to The Art Institute of Pittsburgh — Online Division, students must be a high school graduate with a minimum, cumulative, final high school CGPA of 2.0 or higher, or hold a General Education Development GED Certificate, or associate's degree or higher.
To check your operating system, browser and plug in capabilities, please Click here.
- Adobe Creative Cloud Subscription (Contains Adobe Acrobat Professional, After Effects, Animate, Audition, Bridge, Dreamweaver, Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Lightroom, and Premiere Pro)
- Microsoft Office Professional (Version 2010 or higher) or Microsoft Office University 365
- Antivirus Software (Latest Version)
- Skype (Recommended)
- Audacity (Latest Version)
Adobe Acrobat Reader, Adobe Flash Player, Windows Media Player, and Java
Minimum technology requirements
- PC: Users should have systems with the following specifications: Intel® Pentium® 4 or AMD Athlon® 64 processor, Windows 7 with SP 1 or higher, 4 GB RAM (8GB recommended), 40 GB available hard disk space recommended, 1366 x 768 minimum display resolution (1920x1080 recommended) with 32-bit video card, 512 MB VRAM, OpenGL 2.0–capable system, Sound card compatible with ASIO protocol or Microsoft WDM//MME and Direct3D 10 technology, Direct3D 9, or OpenGL-capable graphics card.
- Mac: Users should have systems with the following specifications: Multicore Intel processor with 64-bit support, *Mac OS X v10.7, 4 GB RAM, 30 GB available hard disk space recommended, 1366 x 768 minimum display resolution (1920x1080 recommended) Retina display supported, 512 MB VRAM, and OpenGL 2.0–capable system.
*Mac users must have a minimum of OS 10.7 in order to run Adobe Creative Cloud.
Web browser requirements
Windows Users: The two latest releases of Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Google Chrome are supported.
- Color Inkjet Printer
- Color Flatbed Scanner
- Digital Camera